AMC10 Summer Exam-Prep Course
AMC10 exam has a full name of American Math Contest 10. It is an annual math competition organized by the American Mathematical Association. All students 10th grade or under globally can register to take the exam. The top 1% contesters in the US are invited to move on to the next level competition: AIME (American Invitational Math Exam). Similarly AMC12 test is for all students 12th grade and under. The top 5% performers can advance to AIME. Each year there are two AMC10/12 tests in February. Good scores in AMC10/12 are useful for private school application, certain summer camp application, and top stern type college applications, etc.
The goal for this camp is to foster interest in math and improve problem solving skills. The topics covered in clued algebra, geometry, number sense, and counting and statistics. We will use past AMC10 problems to deep students’ math knowledge and prepare them for the upcoming AMC10/12 exams. We will focus on first 20 AMC10 problems in the test (question 1 – 20). Class pace will be decided by students’ capability.
All students who are interested in math and enjoy challenge himself/herself in math are welcome to register. For the best outcome, I would suggest students 7th grade or under register for the camp only if they are learning Geometry course in school math, or have AMC8 score 18 or better, or equivalent.
- Course Duration: 1hour, twice a week
- Number of Courses: 18
- Class Size: 4-6 people
Please scan the QR code for registration!
- Founder of Joy Education Consultant. Teach small group math for more than 15 years at home.
- Taught contest math at QD Academy, Huayi Education, and Idea Math in Plano TX.
- Over 20 years fortune 500 company working experience.
- Master in Chemical Engineering from Univ. of Colorado at Boulder.
- Girl Scout troop leader. Boy scout, various school and community events volunteer.